Sunday, June 7, 2009

Adventures...

So from time to time on our blog, you are going to hear about some pretty random things. I write this blog partly to inform our family and friends what's all going on, partly to share with others in the Russian adoption process helpful or interesting information, partly as therapy for me, and partly to chronicle this journey for Maella to read someday.

I forgot to mention in my post yesterday (probably because I'd rather forget about it) the medicals we had done on Thursday in Moscow. As part of the adoption process we have to have medicals done to show that we are physically capable of raising this child. Before we left the US we had to have a barrage of bloodwork/lab tests done. Then, in Moscow, we were seen by eight specialists. Some asked questions, some "looked us over", some did "more" and then we got their seal on our paperwork. It wasn't necessarily a bad experience, just not pleasant and not what I was expecting.

Shoes, shoes, shoes... Russian women love their shoes. There is a "mall" near our apartment. We went inside yesterday and it is filled with shoe stores! I would say 80% of the stores inside sold shoes, crazy! Walking around the city you would notice that the women do like their shoes - they all wear dressy clothes and high heels. Krasnoyarsk is a large city, over 900,00 residents. There are always lots of people out walking. I can't imagine walking around in high heels all day long, everywhere I go.

Today is Jeremy's sister's graduation party. We are glad we were able to be at her ceremony last weekend but had to miss the open house today as well as seeing Jeremy's brothers (who live in IA) and their wives and a niece and nephew. Amanda, congratulations again and we hope you have a wonderful day celebrating your High School achievments.

No comments: