So we rearranged our thinking for the day. Jeremy started singing me a little song to make me feel better - it did bring a smile to my face. The new highlight for our afternoon was grocery shopping! We needed a whole lot too...NOT! OJ, Milk, Cereal, Bananas, Toilet Paper, Paper Towels and Gum. We stretched that out for a good twenty minutes! :o)
I bought myself a new pair of shoes! I've been watching all these Russian women walking around in their high heels and decided I needed a pair to remember Russia. I wore them on our date tonight and may not ever wear them again... they'll get saved for Maella. Maybe she can wear them for a dress up/costume day in High School someday. Now...I will post a picture of the shoes below and when you see them you'll probably think "wow, she actually wore those in public?" YEP, and I fit in more wearing those shoes than I do when I'm wearing my flipflops or tennies!
Tomorrow there is a celebration in the city and preparations have been underway all week. It is the observance of Independence Day in Russia, but it's also the birthday of Krasnoyarsk - 381 years. Earlier this week we saw a stage set up in front of the theatre (where we attended the ballet tonight). We ate dinner tonight right next to the theatre (New York Pizza: yummy, cheap, and they have an English menu!) and while eating we saw different groups go up on stage and perform. After our dinner we sat in front of the stage and enjoyed hearing a string orchestra - they played just beautifully.
5 comments:
Cute shoes!
Wow! It sounds like you had a wonderful day just the 2 of you!
Heather
Sorry your day was cancelled with Maella:( but wow, it looks like you made the best of it and had a great time! How fun! And love the shoes. Counting down the days:)
Gotta love those Russian shoes!
Love the shoes!
Amy W.
Post a Comment