We sure had a fun morning. We went shopping at the Children's Store. We bought Maella some cute tights that she can wear this Fall/Winter, a little dress for next year, and some sweet hats (with a chin strap). Each time they have brought her to us she's worn either a bow or a hairband. I don't know what those caregivers say to her but that thing stays on for a long time before we finally take it off or she almost accidentally takes it off. The other day I put a hat on her that I bought in Kras (which by the way I thought might be a bit small... she drowned in it!). She took the hat off immediately. So I either have to learn Russian for "keep your hat on" and hope she actually does, or find hats with chin straps. =)
I mentioned recently that our church took a donation for the orphanage. We have not shared this news with them yet, waiting for the right time. We will either bring it up today or Saturday most likely. We have a picture of the congregation and a card, I am trying to find just the right words to express why our church family loves these children half a world away and that this gift is to bring glory to God. I want it worded in such a way that they can understand the importance of WHO it came from and WHY they gave it. Once I have it written I'll have it translated and then we will present the card. We will see at that time what the orphanage needs are and how they would like to spend the donation. Yesterday, we used a little money from the donation to buy a swing. We brought it with us to the orphanage yesterday. It is for the outdoor area. There are not as many things for babies to do outside, but yet they get outside time everyday. We also brought along the 80 children's toothbrushes and paste our dentists donated. I also have two small bags of clothes to donate. We may wait and bring those next week during a visit.
During our visit, we brought a few clothes along to try on Maella. She is fitting into the 6-9 month clothes I brought perfectly - not too big, not too small. I am not sure how quickly she'll move into 9-12 month size - hopefully by late Summer or Fall. I plan to plump her up once we get home! Lots of high calorie cereals and we're putting her back on formula.
Happy Birthday to my Dad! I hope you had a wonderful day, Dad. Love, your Kara-Beara. :o)
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How sweet that you're putting hats and new clothes on Maella...something I'm sure you've dreamed about doing for a long time. I love reading your posts because I can hear the excitement and love in your words.
Post a Comment