I wish I'd known you all were in FL in Nov. It would have been fun to have met you & your precious family while we were living in Orlando...I enjoyed seeing your photos!
Our Lilya is from Ukraine :) We brought her home in July, she turned 6 in August. I had no idea you adopted, either!
I now work with Reece's Rainbow -- have you heard of them? They are a ministry to help special needs children find families (like my Lilya!) in many countries - mostly Ukraine & Russia. That's how we found Lil! How did you decide to adopt? I suppose I'll have to read more of your blog to hear the whole story :)
Our family was established when we married in 1999. We welcomed our first child when we had our son Ethan, in 2002. We welcomed our second son, Owen, in 2004. During the summer of 2006 we decided we wanted to expand our family. This is when we began praying about adoption. In January 2007 we officially applied and in April 2007 we submitted our official dossier to Russia. In March 2009 we received our referral and in April traveled to meet our sweetheart. On June 20, 2009, Maella Svetlana Eisenga became a forever member of our family!
4 comments:
I wish I'd known you all were in FL in Nov. It would have been fun to have met you & your precious family while we were living in Orlando...I enjoyed seeing your photos!
heather
heatherbrandt.com
The tye dyed Mickey shirts are adorable. Great family you have!
Kara, you look like you had a great time! I cannot get over how much Maella looks like you! Amazing!
Elizabeth
Hi Kara!!
Our Lilya is from Ukraine :) We brought her home in July, she turned 6 in August. I had no idea you adopted, either!
I now work with Reece's Rainbow -- have you heard of them? They are a ministry to help special needs children find families (like my Lilya!) in many countries - mostly Ukraine & Russia. That's how we found Lil! How did you decide to adopt? I suppose I'll have to read more of your blog to hear the whole story :)
It was great to hear from you --
Michelle
Post a Comment