Thursday, April 30, 2009

This week....

The last couple days we have been working on collecting the documents from our doctors, after all our labs were done on Monday. I have mine and Jeremy will collect his soon.

We're also working on getting Maella's room ready. I bought a quilt a couple years ago that I still plan to use. I'm in the works of getting her room painted soon and we've ordered her a dresser. We'll use the crib our boys used. During our trip to BabiesRUs the other day we found crib sheets, a crib bumper pad, dust ruffle, etc. It'll be fun to put that all together once the room is painted. Once I have it together I will post pictures. Ethan will be moving into Owen's room pretty soon here. This is exciting for him, but yet I think it'll be a transition for him, one he might not like at first - once the newness wears off. But then hopefully they'll both get used to it and be fine with it, I am sure they will. Lots of kids have to share rooms, Jeremy and his older brother shared one.

Last weekend we went shopping to Carters and stocked up on clothes. We never thought we'd be referred a baby so I never bought many "baby" clothes. Then when we got our petition to court and realized we could be going back for her very soon, we realized we would definitely need some smaller clothes, she's pretty petite. I had lots of fun on that shopping trip. The boys... let's see, two minutes in the store and one said "I want to go home" and the other "Are we done yet?"

Other than that, I am trying to read up on tips I've gotten from past traveling parents over the last two years... to prepare for this 4-week long trip! So last week we hurried up so this week we could wait. And who knows... maybe next week we'll be hurrying up again.

1 comment:

Deticia said...

I am so excited for both of you! God is truly amazing, always! She is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest of her. God Speed! I hope you bring her home soon. You guys will continue to be in my prayers along with your precious baby girl.