Kara and I are having a great adventure here in Russia. Most days we get to play with Maella for 2 hours as we learn more and more about her personality while our bond grows stronger. I even got to feed her lunch on Tuesday! We get to experience more of the Russian culture. We get to experience “newlywed” living in a one bedroom apartment (although that will change in just a few days when Maella becomes ours and lives with us).
But as the days go by, I yearn more and more for home. The song you are listening to on our blog all of a sudden has a brand new meaning: “While I’m Waiting” used to be about getting to Russia to meet Maella. Now it means more about coming home. Home is where my boys are. I still haven’t seen them play for the Orioles, their T-ball team. I miss Owen bringing me his Nutri-Grain bar in bed so I can open it for him for breakfast. I miss Ethan demolishing me in Mario Cart racing. I miss the daily routine of our family life. I miss our friendships and activities such as golf, basketball, and softball.
No doubt, our journey will soon be over. But in actuality, it will only be starting. We’ll be joining these 2 separate lives – the family we left behind in the US and the new one we’re starting here in Russia.
In great anticipation, Jeremy
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great entry Jeremy! It's great to hear from the men and your thoughts. We are praying for you guys as I can only imagine the longing to go home, and to take Mealla home only grows stronger. Almost there! Praying for your boys. See you in a few:)
Post a Comment