We're looking forward to dinner this evening. We're meeting up with another family who is here right now. We've met them before and so can't wait to see some familiar faces, and mouths that speak English! They have their court date tomorrow and I know would appreciate your prayers.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sleeping Beauty must get her rest...
Our little one needs and craves her sleep. She is still on a two-a-day nap schedule and we know why! Each day around 9:30 am and 2:30 p.m. she gets restless, squirmy, doesn't really want to be held... just wants her sleep. This leaves us both in the kitchen working on our computers and thinking gee... what should I do? Jeremy usually has plenty of work he can do. Me? Well, the pictures are fairly organized on my computer, I've surfed the net, I can't organize this place much more. So today I give you a picture of two traditional Russian toys.
The one on the left is Cheburashka, he is a creature with big floppy ears from a children's story. This one even has a button to press and we've heard Russian talking and songs. Matryoshka Dolls (not pictured) are hugely popular souvenirs and children even play with them here, they are wooden nesting dolls. And the doll/toy on the right is a traditional toy, has a nice bell inside that dings when she's pushed over and then pops back up.
We're looking forward to dinner this evening. We're meeting up with another family who is here right now. We've met them before and so can't wait to see some familiar faces, and mouths that speak English! They have their court date tomorrow and I know would appreciate your prayers.
We're looking forward to dinner this evening. We're meeting up with another family who is here right now. We've met them before and so can't wait to see some familiar faces, and mouths that speak English! They have their court date tomorrow and I know would appreciate your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kara and Jeremy,
Yeah! Pictures of Maella! What a beautiful, beautiful baby! I loved the You Tube video - Kara, I am starting a blog for Fishers of Men (much inspired by yours), but you are going to have to give me som blogging lessons:-) I am so thankful to the Lord for His faithfulness to you guys; so happy for you all and so thankful to you for sharing this journey with us through the blog. It may feel like the journey has finally ended (almost!), but it really has just begun, hasn't it? We continue here on our own journey. I was so hoping that the Lord would work things out so that we would get Daniel the same day that you got Maella. But, the Lord knows what is best and so we continue to serve Him each day, knowing that He will show us His way and will each step of the way. Daniel would be best in Canada, but my heart can't quite let go and I feel so selfish for that. I can't wait until someday we can look back on this time and say: "Now I can see what God was doing!" Thank you for your inspiration and may the Lord continue to bless you. How are the boys back home?
Love you all! Julie Zaragoza
Post a Comment