Saturday, May 30, 2009

The visas are here!

Yay, our visas arrived today! Thank you so much for your prayers. As a fellow adoptive mom commented on my last post... Passports and visas are small potatoes to God! We are praising God for His overseeing all our plans and preparations.

We leave in three days! Our bedroom is a disaster, luggage bags and all kinds of unpacked items lying all over the place. A couple bags are packed and done but much remains undone. Once I get the laundry done one last time this weekend, that will help. Then those clothes can be packed. Thank you to my mom... today she said to me "now don't go and think you have to get all the boys laundry done before you leave. just get enough done to get us through a day and I'll do the rest." thank you, mom. :o)

We have been enjoying doing some last things with our boys before we leave. Last weekend we took our boys to the car races. When I was a kid my dad would take me to the car races once or twice each summer. It was something fun that just he and I did. We've done this a few times with the boys and each time I am there I think of sitting next to my daddy when I was a girl, eating hot dogs and guessing which car would come in first. And as I look forward to bringing my daughter home... it makes me think of the special memories she will share with her father. We also went on the Duck Boats in WI Dells, and did mini-golfing & go-karts last weekend, with Grampa and Gramma Koopmans. Today we all attended Jeremy's sister's HS graduation - she looked beautiful and did a great job with her valedictorian speech! Tonight we're taking the boys to see UP!, a new Disney movie at the theatre. And tomorrow... Owen's been begging all week - we're going swimming to Fox Lake Pool. Wow is he excited, sure hope the weather cooperates! Tomorrow will be the last time we attend church as a family of four.

We are thankful to everyone who keeps us in their thoughts and prayers. It will make being away for this extended time easier, just knowing we have loving family and friends who are thinking about us and praying for our boys back home, us and our new child.

4 comments:

Yarbrough Family said...

So Cool! Now you can relax the rest of the weekend and enjoy the time with your boys:-) Yeah GOD!! I am praying for you and your boys this weekend, these are precious days with them.

Claire said...

Praise the Lord! SO excited to share and learn from your journey! I'm sure I'll have questions after we receive our referral!

Nicole said...

Hooray!!! I am so glad your visas made it so that you can enjoy the next couple days. Sounds like you have been busy and making the most of your last days home. Praying for your travels...2 days!!!

susan said...

After reading your last few blogs I'm tired just reading what you are doing to get ready! :)
Everything will go accordingly to GODS plans. I pray you will have a safe trip and return home quickly and safely! I'm so excited for your family. Can't wait to read your blog when you and Jeremy return. Susan Alsum