Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Our sweetheart's room...

When we found out we'd be going back to Russia much sooner, I got working on Maella's room. It came together quite quickly and it's so sweet. It's easy to imagine her there. Some nights I just rock in the chair and say prayers for her. I used to do the same thing when I was expecting my boys, down to the last weeks of my pregnancy. I'd sit in their nursery and just dream.



This last picture is of a teddy we made for Maella at Build-a-Bear Workshop. In each of her handpaws is a voice recordable sound device. When Maella presses the paws... she'll hear a personal message from each of us. Ethan was the first one in our family to get a bear and he named it Bear Eisenga. When Owen got his the name given was Brother Bear Eisenga. So we fittingly named Maella's bear, Sister Bear Eisenga. On Sister Bear's lap is a blanket I made for Maella last week. It's called a taggy blanket. One side is a soft satin and the other a plush fuzzy pink fabric. Tucked between the layers and sticking out are folded ribbons, creating tags. Babies love to play with tags!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Adorable! I can just picture her in the crib:) Love the pink, girls are too fun! Praying for your up coming trip

Heather Brandt said...

Beautiful job with the room, Kara!

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Laura E said...

Such a cute room, Kara! I can't wait to see pictures of Maella in it! I love the butterflies!

Yarbrough Family said...

so sweet, thanks for sharing! Love those butterflies:-) She will be there soon!

Anonymous said...

What will it be like to have pink in your world? I can only begin to imagine! :) I am hoping you are back and able to come to GL in July so I can meet your daughter. It was there that you told me you were pursuing adoption. We will continue to pray for your trip and final stages of journey.
Amy W

Claire said...

So precious!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Trisha, Duane, and Family said...

Hi there...Just wanted to say I have recently began to follow your journey. Her room is lovely!!! In regard to your previous post...We usually leave our donation luggage behind. Praying for a safe and joy-filled journey...Best wishes and many blessings...Trisha (mom2b4#10)...one from Kras

McMary said...

What a sweet room--so pretty