Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I would not do well on the Amazing Race...

We're here! It's thursday morning here while I write this. We have been traveling since Tuesday at noon, central time. On the right side of our blog you can see a clock that shows what time it is here. My title for this entry... so true. On our 2.5 hour drive from one airport in Moscow to the other, I had to ask our driver to stop so I could get out. I really thought I was going to be sick. I just kept praying, please Lord calm my stomach. The roads between the airports are all paved they just dip so much and turn and the vehicles are really warm inside and outside so much exhaust. After our little stop I rode the rest of the way with my window open and a bag at my feet. Thankfully, the wind took my mind off my stomach and I never needed the bag. We just got off our last flight a few hours ago. The Russian man (wearing full military garb) next to me, laughed when I took the "barf bag" out of the airline seat pocket and stuck it in our backpack. My stomach is still trying to settle, so I would appreciate your prayers. I have not eaten much over the past two days.

On the contrary, Jeremy is doing great! He says he could easily handle the Amazing Race. =) We both got pretty good sleep on our flights.

Amazingly, I've got my adrenaline rush going. We laid in our hotel bed this morning (we got here a few hours ago and have enough time to rest, shower and then we are off to meet our daughter after another appointment) and just listened to the birds chirping outside our window and the car engines and the honking and beeping. It feels so wonderful to finally be here. 4.9.09 - a date I wondered about for so long, when would it happen, when would we finally meet our child?

Today is the day.

4 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

I'm praying for you to have wisdom! Try not to cry in front of the little one because it will make her more stressed. I'm praying that she will be responsive to you all and that you will have confirmation in your hearts that this is the daughter God has chosen for your family. I'm so excited for you!

heather

Yarbrough Family said...

YEAH!! You are there, we have been praying for you all day. Can't wait to hear of how your day went today. This is so exciting!

CM and JM said...

What a wonderful day!! Will pray that your meeting with your daughter is all you imagined and that your little guy's back home are blessed!
-Carine (fellow AW Mom!)

Sarah said...

How exciting! You have been in my thoughts and prayers this week. Blessings to you as you meet your daughter!