Wednesday, October 1, 2008

aaaaahhhh, and now it's october

We were really hoping to have met our child by now, but we are still awaiting referral. We are trying to lean hard on God, to trust his perfect and sovereign timing, and to be patient and moldable during this waiting process. My post today is a letter I wrote to our child just a few days ago:

Name, (it's a secret!)

You are a beautiful child, and I have not yet seen you. You are loved by God and born by His will. You are there. You are waiting for me, for your family. You are precious. You are sometimes lonely.

I cannot wait to meet you my dear child. It has been so long since we began this journey. I wait to hear of you. I wait to learn your name. I wait to learn your age and your birthday. I wait to know the color of your hair. I wait to see your face.

But I know your heart now already. The day I touch your skin, your face, your hair, for the first time… what an amazing and incredible thought. Almost hard to imagine. But I DO know you. I know your heart. Our hearts, even though we have not yet met, are connected. God destined for us to be together. He knows the day you will come home to be with us forever. He knows the day we will first meet you. He knows the day we will get the call and learn that you are now ready for us to come.

God has His perfect timing. The wait is incredibly difficult. I want to bring you home now. But by God’s will and way, we are not ready and neither are you. There will be a moment though, when we are ready. And on that day, at that moment, God will bring us together.

We look forward with so much hope and anticipation to the day we get to be your forever family. To the day when you become a part of us, and we become a part of you – forever.

I am so thankful that God has you, for us.

I love you my child,

Mommy
Below is a picture of a super soft, oh so cozy, blanket and bear that we got for our daughter. It's waiting and ready to bring to her when we first meet her. In the meantime, it reminds us all, of her, daily.

1 comment:

Kay said...

This is a good way to keep Family & Friends updated.
We will be praying that God will pick you a little Girl Soon.
God Bless!
Aunt Kay